We have ‘arranged’ the most spectacular weather for Saturday and would love you to join us!
Table of 10 – Chefs Alliance cooks for Slow Meat South Africa
With increased demand, industrial farming has turned food production into a machine that puts profit and efficiency ahead of health and sustainability. It is a short-sighted approach that comes at a cost to our health, our environment, animal welfare, the nutritional value of the meat we consume and even its taste. SLOW MEAT brings together farmers, butchers, hand crafted artisan meat product producers, chefs and consumers to highlight the growing demand for meat that is good, clean and fair for all.
A first in South Africa – ten of Johannesburg’s premier chefs collaborating to cook you a sumptuous feast. This unique outdoor experience will be held on Saturday 16th May 2015 at Le Sel @ the Cradle, under Highveld thorn trees.
- 10 different nose to tail cuts of grass fed Afrikaner beef, each prepared by a premier chef
- 12 artisan producers, selling animal and animal related products
- Cape Wine Master offering tastes of Alvi’s Drift wine selection
- Craft beer brewer
You will receive:
- 6 randomly selected tickets – each for a different plate each prepared from a different cut
- 1 ticket for a complimentary glass of beer or wine
- 1 golden ticket to award your favourite chefs creation (winning chef wins a trip to Italy to attend Slow Food Salone del Gusto)
- Dessert buffet and cheese board
- Coffee or tea
When Saturday 16th May 12h00
Where Le Sel@The Cradle, Route T9, Kromdraai Road
Cost R 375.00 per person
A fund raising initiative by Slow Food Johannesburg. All proceeds will be used to fund Slow Meat SA.
From Randburg take the R512 Malibongwe Drive (Hans Strijdom) towards Hartebeespoort Dam. Pass Lanseria Airport turnoff on your right and after 2kms turn left onto Kromdraai Road. Our gate is approximately 7kms further on, on the right hand side.
From Mellville / Northcliff
From Mellville or Northcliff take Beyers Naude Drive, M5. Drive through Honeydew. Beyers Naude eventually ends in a T-junction (large circle). Turn left here and we are a further 3,5kms on the right hand side.
From Fourways take Cedar Road towards Sun City. Travel past Dainfern on your right. At the first T-junction turn left and immediately right following the signs to Sun City. At the next T-junction turn right onto the R512 towards Hartebeespoort Dam. Pass Lanseria Airport turnoff on your right and after 2kms turn left onto Kromdraai Road. Our gate is approximately 7kms further on the right hand side.
Follow the N14 (R28) towards Krugersdorp. Take Lanseria off-ramp. Turn right onto the R512 towards Hartebeespoort Dam. Pass the Lanseria Airport turnoff on your right and after 2kms turn left onto Kromdraai Road. Our gate is approximately 7kms further on the right hand side.
-25° 55′ 24.43″ 27° 51′ 12.12″
What to bring:
- Your printed ticket
- A picnic blanket and camping chair
- There is plenty to buy from the producers so bring an empty cool bag
- Dress for the weather
- There is lots to eat and lots to drink. You don’t need anything else.
Who is cooking?
- Adele Stiehler Executive chef Prue Leith’s Chefs Academy
- Arnold Tanzer Culinary Director for Masterchef SA and owner of Food on the Move
- Coco Reinarhz Chef at Le Sel @ The Cradle
- Hanroe Erasmus Executive Chef at African Pride Hotel Melrose Arch
- James Diack Head chef and owner of Coobs Parkhurst
- Johnathan Shaw Entrepreneur and owner of “Warm & Glad”
- Klause Beckmann Chef and owner of La Luna Melville
- Nicolas Froneman Executive Chef at Palace of the Lost City
- Phil de Villiers Executive Chef at 54 on Bath
Enquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org