Join Slow Food
It costs R175 per person per year to be a member of Slow Food Johannesburg. An individual membership fee comprises €5 (approximately R69) paid to Slow Food in Italy plus a R106 administration fee that goes towards running the Johannesburg convivium.
New and existing members pay an annual fee to Slow Food Johannesburg, but membership cards are posted direct to members by Slow Food Italy.
Some of the many benefits you’ll enjoy as a member of Slow Food Johannesburg include:
- A personal membership card
- Substantial discounts on activities and events organised by Slow Food Johannesburg
- Advance notification of Slow Food Johannesburg events
- Preferential booking for events
- Annual Slow Food e-Almanac
- Slow Food and Terre Madre e-newsletters
- Complimentary Taste of Slow Food workshops for new members
- Reciprocity with other Slow Food convivia in South Africa and around the world
- Meeting like-minded people who share your commitment to sourcing and eating ethically produced food
How to join Slow Food Johannesburg
New members, please first read the Membership Terms & Conditions below before you complete the online application form. Once you have submitted your application you need to deposit your membership fee (R143.00 p/person) into bank our account, using your initials and surname as a reference.
SLOW FOOD JOHANNESBURG
Standard Bank (Sandton)
Branch No: 00019205
Membership Terms & Conditions
1. The annual membership fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
2. Event bookings, once confirmed, must be paid in full, within 48 hours.
3. Paid-for event bookings are non-refundable.
4. By becoming a member of Slow Food Johannesburg you agree to abide by these Terms & Conditions.